Household bills and accounts

0345 600 3 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (for non-household billing enquiries, please contact your retailer).

Make an enquiry
More contacts

Water supply and sewerage

0345 600 4 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (emergencies only at other times)

Make an enquiry
More contacts
Contact us
  • Emergencies - what to do


  • I suspect a caller is bogus

    Call us immediately:

    0345 600 4 600 

    (24 hours)

    If the caller is not genuine we would advise you to call the police.

  • Water supply

  • I don’t have any cold water from the kitchen tap

    If possible, check with your neighbours to see if they are affected too.

    If you are the only one affected, it may be an internal plumbing problem.

    If not, please call us and we will investigate.

    0345 600 4 600  

    (24 hours)

    I have spotted a leak

    To report a public or private leak, call Leakstoppers free: 

    0800 692 0692

    (24 hours)

    We offer a free leak repairs on private service pipes.  more...

    I have cloudy water

    White or cloudy water can be caused by air trapped in the supply main. This can happen if the main has been opened to carry out essential maintenance. Your tap water may have white specs or look milky. This should clear within 24 hours.


    I have a problem with water pressure - the water is only coming out in a trickle

    If possible, check if your neighbours' properties are also affected. If so, please call us and we will investigate:

    0345 600 4 600

    (24 hours)

    If yours is the only property affected, it may be an  internal plumbing problem . In cold weather it is possible that your  pipes may have frozen .

    I have a burst on an internal pipe

    Turn off the water supply at the internal stop tap - normally located in your kitchen. Do not touch any wet electrical fittings.

    Contact a plumber as soon as possible - you can find a registered plumber at WaterSafe .

    I think a pipe has frozen

    Turn off the water supply at the internal stop tap - normally located in your kitchen. Then partly turn on any affected taps until the pipes have thawed - this will allow any water that has frozen to drain away. You can heat gently the section of pipe or tap that is frozen, either using a hot water bottle or wrapping it in warm towels.


    I need a plumber

    Watersafe  is an online search facility bringing together thousands of qualified contractors from the seven existing Approved Contractors' Schemes across the UK.
  • Sewerage

  • My property has been flooded with sewage

    Please call us to report the incident immediately:

    0345 600 4 600

    (24 hours) 

    A crew will attend as soon as possible to help you. In the meantime, avoid contact with sewage wherever possible.

    I think a sewer is blocked

    Call us:

    0345 600 4 600

    We will try to find out who is responsible for the sewer.

    If it is our responsibility, we will attend and clear the blockage free of charge.

    If it is a private sewer, we may be able to help or you could use a private contractor.

    I suspect a local river has been polluted with sewage

    Call us as soon as possible:

    0345 600 4 600

    If the pollution is not sewage related, please call the  Environment Agency .

    I have spotted a broken or damaged manhole cover

    To report it, call us:

    0345 600 4 600 

    We will check our records and if it is our responsibility we will attend and arrange a repair or replacement.

Popular questions
    Close this message