Household bills and accounts

0345 600 3 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (for non-household billing enquiries, please contact your retailer).

Make an enquiry
More contacts

Water supply and sewerage

0345 600 4 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (emergencies only at other times)

Make an enquiry
More contacts
Contact us
  • River or road flooding

    Heavy rainfall can lead to localised flooding which may affect your property, open spaces or roads.

    If this happens contact:

    • your local council to report a road is flooded or to request sandbags to protect your home. You can also buy sandbags from a builders' merchants.
    • the Highways Agency or listen to your local BBC radio station to find out if any roads are closed due to flooding
    • the Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 988 1188 if you are concerned about rising water levels in a river near you or want information about flood warnings. You can listen to recorded flood warning information for your area or speak to an operator for advice 24 hours a day. The Environment Agency is responsible for building, maintaining and operating flood defences and for issuing flood warnings to the public.

    Flood responsibility

    Localised flooding occurs:

    • when gullies are blocked
    • when rainwater overwhelms highway drains
    • in areas where drainage is poor.

Popular questions
    Close this message