Do you hold a degree in a civil engineering-based subject? Are you now looking to apply your knowledge within a top performing organisation? If so, we have a great opportunity to join our in-house Sewerage Infrastructure Design team as a Graduate Design Engineer based at either Yeovil or Bath.
Working as part of a small, dedicated team and liaising with the wider business, you will be mentored to undertake the full design lifecycle, from evaluating solutions to undertaking ‘detailed design’ activities, as well as supporting the construction team with major civil engineering infrastructure projects.
You will be responsible for:
- working on specific engineering tasks as directed under the supervision of design professionals; principally optioneering, outline and detailed design activities
- the production of engineering drawings to internal design standards
- managing the multi-disciplinary support services required to deliver projects
- preparing and maintaining project commercial and programme summaries
- technical report writing
- ascertaining and implementing infrastructure improvement solutions to defined network deficiencies
- commissioning surveys for Wessex Water sewerage assets
- providing information to environmental and geotechnical departments for relevant surveys to be carried out
- the detailed analysis of data to verify network performance using, telemetry, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and hydraulic modelling software
Within the role you will be supported and mentored to gain chartered status with an appropriate professional institution.
What do you need?
To be successful you will be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, as well having a high level of organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload.
In addition, you will have:
- a degree in a relevant civil engineering-based subject
- an understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- a valid UK driving licence
Ideally, you will also have:
- infrastructure design experience to UK industry standards
- attained or be working towards chartered status in an appropriate professional institution
What you’ll get from us?
Our people tell us Wessex Water is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with Wessex Water.
The appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks. You must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Sound interesting? Please click APPLY to progress to the next step.
We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. We are an equal opportunities employer. You must be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK and proof of skills and qualifications gained. Appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks.
We respect and value everyone’s contribution. Wessex Water is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages the many skills, interests, backgrounds and experiences that people from different social groups can bring. We strive to provide a workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
If you have a medical condition, disability or learning difficulty which could impact on your ability to apply or take part in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are dedicated to treating all existing and prospective colleagues fairly and will do everything we can to support you during the application and selection process.