The Environmental Fund
Applications must demonstrate one or more of the following outcomes:
- Involves communities in environmental activities that benefit the local area
- Has a positive impact on the local environment
- Share learning with local people about supporting the environment
Environmental priorities for this fund are:
- Conservation of water use
- Reduction of single-use plastic
- Reducing waste
- Improvements in local biodiversity
The Environment Fund grants are targeted at organisations where a small amount of money can make a significant difference.
You can apply for a grant of up to £1,500 to go towards core or project costs.
The fund is for voluntary and community groups with charitable aims, registered charities and community interest companies with an annual income of less than £500,000. Schools and parish councils may also apply as long as they can demonstrate a community benefit.
Funding is limited to local organisations in the Wessex Water area.
How to apply
The Environment Fund is now closed. Local community panels will take place in early July 2021 to decide which groups will receive funding. The Fund will reopen in 2022.