You are at the heart of our business - we supply 1.3 million people with water and treat and take away sewage from 2.8 million customers living in our region.
You rate the service you receive from us very highly and in the past year (2019-20) we have:
- been consistently rated as one of the top water and sewerage companies for service, efficiency, standards and environmental performance. The company achieved top place in Ofwat’s efficiency ranking, delivered industry leading customer service and operational performance
- continued to deliver initiatives within our strategy for customers in vulnerable circumstances - there was a 9% increase in the number of low-income customers receiving support with their bills or debt and a 67% increase in the number registered for Priority Services
- returned to “industry leading” status in the Environment Agency’s environmental performance assessment. We are a four-star leading performer according to the Environment Agency’s annual environmental performance assessment
- had the fewest complaints per 10,000 customers of any water and sewerage company. We have achieved this for for the ninth year running
- met our leakage target which is at its lowest ever level. We plan to further reduce leak-age levels by 15% by 2025
- met increased demand for water supplying summer 2019 by moving water around our region using our water supply grid, a multi-million investment completed during the five year price and investment period which ended in this year.
Our continuing focus on improving the service also resulted in the following in 2019-20:
- 98% of customers rated the company’s service as good or very good
- the Customer Service Excellence award was renewed for the fourth time
- 83% of reviews on Trustpilot achieved a five star rating. We launched Trustpilot during this year to seek customer opinions on our service.