If you run a business which requires you to carry out a regular monitoring of your private water supply, our scientific team provides a comprehensive service.
Every day we schedule and carry out the regulatory sampling programme for the water and sewerage services we provide to 2.5 million people in the south west of England.
In addition we provide sampling and analytical services to a range of customers including:
- businesses with private water supplies including caravan and camping sites, hotel and bed and breakfast premises
- local authorities
- drinking water providers
- environmental consultants
- those requiring an analysis of a private water supply required by mortgage lenders as part of a Home Information Pack.
Our range of analysis enables you to show compliance with the following regulations and their subsequent updates:
- The Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000
- Microbiology of Drinking Water 2002
- Private Water Supply Regulations 2009.
Delivered from our laboratory - ISO 17025(2017) by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) - our comprehensive analytical service for potable (drinking) water covers:
- microbiological including cryptosporidium
- general chemicals
- organic chemistry
- nutrients analysis
Contact scientific services
Our laboratory is open:
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.30pm
- weekends and bank holidays, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
We are open every day for the delivery of drinking water samples and from Monday to Friday for wastewater/effluent samples - contact the customer liaison administrator for more information.
If samples are likely to be delivered on weekends or later than one hour before our closing times, please contact us so the necessary arrangements can be made to receive and process your samples appropriately.
- email email@example.com
- call the customer liaison administrator on 01225 526725 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.45pm; voicemail outside these hours).Please note that this number is for the scientific centre only
- fax us on 01225 528787 (please mark it for the attention of the customer liaison administrator)
- write to Customer liaison administrator, Wessex Water Scientific Centre, Mead Lane, Saltford, Bristol BS31 3ER.